Although you might spend less time in the kitchen than a professional chef, you’ll still appreciate the advantages of cooking with propane.
Propane cooking appliances cover a wide spectrum, from low-cost economy models to deluxe units that combine every imaginable cooking convenience and energy-saving feature. The wide variety of ranges, ovens, and cooktops available today offer a choice of unique and functional kitchen designs. There are freestanding, slide-in, built-in, and console models with high ovens or single ovens; there are models with waist-high broilers and microwave ovens, self-cleaning ovens, pilotless top and oven burners, and convection ovens.
Propane gas ranges or stoves offer faster, more precise temperature control than electric units. This allows adjusting from a boil to simmer in seconds.
Propane: The Economical Choice
The benefits of cooking with gas are even more noticeable when the energy bill arrives. Various energy-savings features (such as pilotless ignition and improved insulation) are also available on propane cooking appliances. These features can reduce gas consumption by 30-50 percent, further increasing propane’s cost advantage over electricity.
Cooktops, Ranges and Ovens
There Are So Many Good Reasons to Cook with Propane.
- Propane ovens and ranges give you greater control with precise temperature and even heat distribution.
- Instant gas flames allow you to cook without the wait for burners to warm up.
- Propane burners also cool quickly. Electric burners that have not completely cooled can be dangerous.
Cooking with Propane: A Recipe for Success.
- Ninety-seven percent of professional chefs prefer cooking with gas (Survey of Professional Chefs Association, September 2004).
- Propane appliances are available in all the latest kitchen designs — convection ovens, sealed burners for easy cleaning, griddles and grill tops, even deep fryers.
Benefits of Gas Cooking
- INSTANT – No wasted time while preparing your holiday feast. Instant gas flames allow you to cook without the wait for burners to warm up or cool down. This means more time spent with loved ones.
- SAFE – Propane gas turns off immediately, so you don’t have to worry about burning yourself while waiting for your cooktop to cool off. In the kitchen, safety comes first.
- EVEN – Propane provides even heat distribution and more even heat across the bottom of pots and in the oven, which means fewer hot spots – no scorching the gravy or burning the pumpkin pie!
- PRECISE – Propane allows even the newest chefs to achieve precise temperature control, which helps prevent burning delicate dishes such as stuffing or your favorite melted chocolate.
Regardless of the style of home or the size and layout of you kitchen, propane gas ranges, ovens, and cooking appliances offer the best recipe for making every meal a success!