DiSanto Propane has been part of the upstate New York community for nearly 100 years. Being involved in businesses, homebuilders, and homeowners’ lives alike, we are a family-owned company that has stood the test of time because we realize there is nothing that replaces good, old-fashioned customer service. Today’s post is going to be dedicated towards more of a niche market than we might usually write about. But, like we said, at DiSanto Propane we are all about putting the customer first in everything that’ll we do. With that in mind, if you or someone you know is in the agricultural industry and is looking to save significant money, this one is for you!
American Abundant And Affordable
Before we get into the nitty-gritty, let’s talk about what we love about propane. Propane production maintains quality, grass-roots jobs in our great nation. Over 145,000 works throughout the U.S. are employed by propane production, distribution, and sales. On top of this, propane is an excessively abundant energy-efficient resource. The nation makes more than enough propane to meet demand, as it is the world’s number #1 propane producer. Propane is superior to gas and diesel in that it is a clean-burning alternative. Even with the drastic decline in oil prices, propane is still in high demand, so production is projected to continue to increase. It is still an affordable option for businesses and your propane grill, propane stove, or propane generator.
Propane Incentive Program
In addition to being intrinsically beneficial to utilize propane on your machinery and equipment, there exists an incredible financially incentivized program for farmers specifically using propane services. If you are a farmer, you can save a decent chunk of change on new propane-powered agricultural equipment through the Propane Education & Research Council’s Propane Farm Incentive Program. Here is some of the agricultural equipment which qualifies for the program. Keep in mind that qualifying equipment and participating equipment dealers are subject to change.
- Propane-Powered Industrial Engines – New, EPA, and/or CARB-certified industrial engines used for agricultural purposes potentially qualify for incentives of $300/liter of displacement, reaching up to $5,000 in total.
- Propane-Powered Generators for Prime Power – New, EPA, and/or CARB-certified generators typically used for prime power might qualify for incentives of #30/kW.
- Propane-Powered Crop Dryers – The dryer must be either new, high-efficiency upright tower grain dryers, or a high-efficiency horizontal profile grain dryer. They can qualify for up to a $3,000 incentive. But keep in mind that the dryer itself needs to be a new installation or a conversion from a different power source.
- Propane-Powered Water heating Systems – New, high-efficiency water heating systems that are used in farming production operations might be eligible for a nice little kickback of $2,000. Just like the crop dryers, the system has to be installed in new construction or as a kind of conversion from another power source.
- Propane-Powered Poultry, Swine, & Greenhouse Heating Systems – Brand new heating systems can get an incentive kickback of ten cents per square foot, with a cap of $2,000 per system.
- Propane-Powered Flame Weed Control – Receive up to $1,500 for new flame weed control systems that are eligible for the incentive.
How The Propane Farm Incentive Program Works
Step 1: Find a participating equipment dealer to buy propane-powered equipment that qualifies. Then complete the PFIP registration packet.
Step 2: You’ll need to complete an online pre-season survey and mail this application to PERC. You can also scan or fax the materials as well. Be sure to remember to include your qualifying equipment’s proof of purchase within the application packet. Visit PERC’s official page for complete application instructions.
Step 3: Last step, we promise. All you need to do is watch your inbox (digital or physical) at the end of the season for a second survey. It is mandatory to fill out the post-season survey in order to qualify for future incentives within the program. If you are wanting to participate, please contact Cinch Munson at 202-452-9054 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Whether you end up taking advantage of the farmer’s incentive program or not, we ask you to consider discovering the DiSanto difference. We offer residential propane services, commercial propane services, as well as exceptional customer service. Part of that customer service is our 24/7 Emergency Propane Service. So if you wind up in a pinch, you know to call DiSanto Propane. On top of that, we offer affordable propane costs and stable pricing. With monthly billing and fixed rates, you can work with us confidently. So no matter if you are looking for propane fuel for your home or are looking for services involving fleet fueling, we are the propane supplier for you. Give us a call today! We would love to earn your business.